- Men and women, ages 21 to 30, are invited to apply to the Franciscan Community Volunteer Program.
- Volunteers passions are matched with a placement site where they serve full-time (34-40 hours per work week)
- Need not be Catholic, but willing to embrace the Franciscan way of life
- Community nights, retreats, social justice opportunities, and other personal development activities help make the year a truly transformative experience.
- $5,000 Education Award upon successful completion (1700 hours) of program – Half time award possible for people starting late in program.
- Room & Board
- Health insurance (premiums and some additional funds toward copays and other medical expenses are covered)
- Transportation to and from placement site
- $100 monthly stipend
- A Companion family or individual to be with you throughout the year
- A Companion Franciscan Sister to spend time with and learn more about Franciscan Spirituality
- A Franciscan Praying Sister that prays for you each and every day throughout the year and beyond. FCV’s meet with their companions and praying Sisters several times throughout the year
- Spiritual direction by a certified Spiritual Director of your choice
***Important additional benefits:
- Amazing work experience
- Knowing that you are making a difference
- Developing leadership and management skills
- Honing critical thinking skills and communication
- Team building and collaboration
- Learning personal awareness, self-care and boundary skills